I suggest you ...

Remove a section of the Google doc where the fields in it are all no response

Where logical branching takes place, an entire section of the Google doc may need removing where the content of the Google doc is descriptive. At the moment, the tag is removed, but can a section be dependent on there being data to reflect complex forms and branching?

220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark HarrisonMark Harrison shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Have the same problem. As a quick fix, used the filter function of Google Sheets to filter out values with 'blanks'.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is an absolutely critical feature for our enterprise app. Without it, Form Publisher, however nice, is pretty useless.

• SuzySuzy commented  · 

This would be amazing. Our PDF ends up being 4 pages long when the answered questions would probably only be one page.

• CC commented  · 

Please consider this suggestion! It would be such a big help.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes I use the forms to take orders and there are 200 products. I would love to be able to generate a report that only sends the customer the list of items where they entered a value and not have to send them a list of all 200 with their value only entered after the 1 item that they did order!

• K SharifK Sharif commented  · 

This would be great for us as we have a form with lots of branching, that Form Publisher creates a document with the most pertinent questions, so we keep to a minimum what is put into the PDF. but we have some question that if answered we need to know (like what happened when the police turned up) but most of the time don't need to have its question in the document if not used as it looks strange why that question is there.

• AgataAgata commented  · 

This will be super useful for my case! If a field in the form is not filled out, it would be awesome to not show a specific section in a Google doc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base