I suggest you ...

Allow users to choose the time zone for "Timestamp" and "Now" keywords

Currently, when using "Timestamp" and "Now" the time is written in GMT, in a 24-hour format. As I am using this to record when a form is submitted, I would appreciate being able to customize this. Even if the 24-hour format stays, I would like the option to have the time in my own time zone.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IndianWhistlers IWA commented  · 

What is this "Now" ? Im asking the users to fill in the date and time manually which becomes their unique membership now. The "timestamp" is recorded in my excel, but doesnt show up in the final form even if i put in the template

• elan Bailey commented  · 

Hi,

Any word on when this feature might be added? I agree that being able to set the correct timezone is key. I happen to be using the timestamp as part of my document naming convention, so I agree it's confusing to see time in GMT when I'm in PST.

• Rigveda commented  · 

Is <<Timestamp>> or any other field usable as a marker to get
        the timestamp of the form submission? I'm trying to use timestamp as a membership no. Since its unique

• Anonymous commented  · 

Using the "Timestamp" in Form Publisher Template I would appreciate to be able to select the applicable timezone. I am eagerlys looking forward for this option.
        Thanks for all the good work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Additionally, choosing the time-zone starts to become important when google forms records the timestamp in the local time-zone, but the FormPublisher records a different GMT number. Since the timestamps don't match, it can be highly confusing trying to match up documents. Thanks for all of the work so far though!

• AdminForm Publisher Forum (Admin, Form Publisher) commented  · 

We are thinking of a new panel which will let the user add more information like the format or time zone of the different date or time.

As we have published the new UI a few weeks ago, we are trying not to add too many fields in the sidebar as it will overload it.

You may need to wait a bit but this features will be added.

Ludovic, Form Publisher Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base