I suggest you ...

I would like to be able to do calculations on the data in my form and have them show up in the published form.

My form asks for data. I would iike to be able to do calculations on that data and include the answers in the published form. I can get the sheet to do the calculation, i'm not sure how to get the information out into the template.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    R flynnR flynn shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Seiji OharaSeiji Ohara commented  · 

Is there a way to do the calculations outside of Google Forms (my own web service) and then send the results back so that they may be included in the output PDF?

I would like to avoid, if possible, to have to manually create the formulas for each spreadsheet because each form will have different VLookUp tables and many different kinds of questions.

• Tim WTim W commented  · 

If you use a spreadsheet as the template, it can do calculations with the data that is submitted.

• DanielDaniel commented  · 

I've been trying to create an invoice like this for hours.. I decided to just calculate & input the total, manually.. would be a very useful feature for many use cases.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are currently 2 triggers in form-scrpts: 'on load' and 'on submit'. What would be nice order to solve what R flynn is asking about, is a trigger for 'on form fieldset answer/option-select/input' (or something like that) - so that a script (that adds values from multiple form fields) gets triggered as soon as those values have been selected/input.

Feedback and Knowledge Base